Tuolumne Resiliency Coalition logo
Sonora, CA – April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month and twelve local child champions are recognized.
Tuolumne Resiliency Coalition (TRC) describes their organization as a coalition of community members who oversee services for children and focus on preventing abuse and neglect while working to educate the community. The group pays tribute to local child champions who are actively working to build the resilience of young people.
“Each of us has a role to play in preventing child abuse and neglect,” said TRC President Annie Hockett. “By increasing public awareness and implementing effective strategies to build resilience in our youth, Tuolumne County will experience dramatic improvement in the health and safety of our children.”
The list of twelve nominees was announced earlier this month and their work will be honored at the TRC’s next public meeting on May 5 at 3 p.m. at the Tuolumne County Schools Superintendent’s office located at 175 Fairview Lane ( room 217).
“These recipients illustrate how focused efforts to prevent child maltreatment have far-reaching impacts on children, their families and the community as a whole,” Hockett noted.
The 2022 TRC nominees are:
- Heather Albertson, counselor at Sonora High School
- Gemi Battle, Road to Resilience Program Manager
- Hollie Brown, Child Victims Advocate for the Tuolumne County District Attorney’s Office
- Reiko Craig, Child Protective Service, Rapid Response and Paramount Placement Supervisor
- Cassandra Jenecke, Tuolumne County District Attorney
- Alex McCulloch, social worker on the road to resilience
- Rachel Reese, Detective in the Child Crimes Division of the Tuolumne Sherriff’s Office
- James Riley, Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office FOCUS Program
- Kelsey Stone, Superintendent of Tuolumne County Schools, Office of Homeless and Foster Youth
- Jen Torres, educator at the Center for Community Nonviolent Prevention
- Margie Wiley, Indigenous Services Navigator on her way to resilience
- Houa Xiong, Road to Resilience Social Services Supervisor